Mauna Loa Helicopters has an open enrollment policy. However, at certain times it may be necessary for us to limit our enrollment. This is to ensure that each student who applies has the potential and motivation to successfully train and complete our program. For admission we require the following from each international F-1 VISA applicant prior to enrollment:
- Completed Submittable Enrollment Application
- Copy of your passport
- Copies of your diploma and transcripts (original and translated if not in English)
- A $500 non-refundable enrollment and VISA fee. Receipt of these fees guarantees you a training slot as scheduled with an Administrator at Mauna Loa Helicopters. A nominal 4.167% -4.712% Hawaii general excise tax will be charged to your student account.
- Professional Pilot Program only: Copy of a High School Diploma/Transcript or GED or College Diploma/Transcript
- Proof of tuition deposit
- Verification of your financial ability to pay
- A copy of FAA medical
- Proof of insurance
- Proof of your AFSP application
- A short video of yourself answering three key questions
Once all requirements listed above are met and received by MLH, a Form I-20, the application for an F-1 visa, will be issued by MLH and forwarded to the student via express mail.
Upon receiving the signed I-20 form, you will need to follow these steps:
- Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee under https://www.fmjfee.com/i901fee/index.jsp (You will need the N number which can be found on your I-20 in the upper right corner)
- Apply for the US Nonimmigrant VISA F-1 / M-1 (DS-160 form) under https://ceac.state.gov/genniv/
- Arrange appointment at nearest US Embassy in your country
- Call US Embassy in your country for an appointment. Once you receive a confirmation email, follow further instruction (e.g. for Germany go to http://germany.usembassy.gov/visa/infoservice/)
- Go to nearest US Embassy and BRING ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS mentioned in the appointment confirmation email.
NOTE: The I-20 form will list a designated start date. The student may enter the United States up to 30 days prior to the start date but must report to Mauna Loa Helicopters by the designated start date. The Student CANNOT enter the US after the start date listed on the I-20. This will result in the student will be detained by immigration/customs and possibly sent out of the country. Should a student need to arrive later than the listed start date please contact MLH for a new I-20.